In the last 6 months, Luke has dropped around 26 pounds in body fat while eating more than he ever has.
That’s the key right there: “while eating more than he ever has”.
You see, most people think that weight loss means deprivation, or at the very least, compromise. But not for Luke. He gets to eat a ton more food than he was previously, and still gets closer and closer to being in phenomenal shape.
Not only is he looking a ton better, but his day-to-day energy levels are consistent, with no more feeling sluggish.
This article is going to break down exactly how people like Luke, and people like YOU, can eat more to lose weight and boost energy levels.
Most Diet Plans Don’t Work
Developing healthy eating habits is essential for achieving long-term success in fitness and overall well-being. However, with so many diet plans available, it can be challenging to know where to start. Many diet plans are unsustainable and can leave you feeling deprived and unmotivated.
So what’s the best diet plan?
The key to developing healthy eating habits is to focus on making small changes that are sustainable over time. This is where most diet plans fail miserably.
Because they tend to follow an ‘all or nothing’ approach. They might get quick results, but long-term, they can wreak havoc on your body and mental wellbeing. Simply put, the level of self control required to adhere to such a diet isn’t sustainable.
That means you end up see-sawing between feelings of deprivation when you’re not eating what you want, and guilt when you are. In my view, this is the biggest problem with 99% of the food, nutrition, and dieting advice for men that’s currently available.
Additionally, many diet plans are not based on sound nutritional principles and can leave you feeling hungry and unsatisfied.
A better food solution
Instead of trying to overhaul your entire diet at once, start by making small changes such as:
- Adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals
- Swapping out processed snacks for healthier options
Focus on developing healthy eating habits that are sustainable over time. This means making small changes that you can stick with over the long term.
Practical Tips and Strategies for Making Healthier Food Choices
Making healthier food choices doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. By following a few simple tips and strategies, you can make healthier choices that will fuel your body for success.
Here are 4 key tips Luke used to ensure he made progress and achieved his weight loss goals:
- Meal Planning: One of the best ways to ensure that you are making healthy food choices is to plan your meals in advance. This allows you to make sure that you have healthy options available when you need them.
- Portion Control: Another important aspect of healthy eating is portion control. By controlling your portions, you can ensure that you are getting the right amount of nutrients without overeating.
- Avoiding Processed Foods: Processed foods are often high in calories, sugar, and unhealthy fats. By avoiding these foods, you can reduce your calorie intake and improve your overall health.
- Drinking Water: Staying hydrated is essential for good health. Drinking water throughout the day can help keep you feeling full and energized.
- Simply eat more protein: Either 1g per 1lb of your body weight or 2 palmfuls of protein every time you eat (it will prevent over eating and you’ll build more muscle of course).
The Need for a Sustainable Eating System That Adapts to Your Lifestyle
One of the most important aspects of developing healthy eating habits is finding a system that works for you. This means finding an eating system that is sustainable over time and adapts to your lifestyle.
For example, if you have a busy schedule, you might be a business owner or senior business leader and it may be challenging to find time to prepare healthy meals every day.
In this case, meal prepping may be an excellent option for you. Meal prepping involves preparing several meals in advance so that they are ready when you need them.
Another option is to find healthy options when eating out or traveling. By making small changes over time, you can develop healthy eating habits that will help you achieve long-term success in fitness and overall well-being.
And if you need any help at all with getting a more specific food plan… let me know. I’m here to help.
- Avoid short-term ‘fad’ diets
- You CAN eat more and still drop body fat!
- Focus on developing healthy eating habits that are sustainable over time
- By eating better you can drop body fat and boost your energy levels
- Take a look at some of our best body transformations here >
- Need some inspiration for your cardio sessions? Take a look at my Cardio Bucketlist >